(While this is not a fashion related post, there is an affiliate link included in the post, which means that if you choose to purchase the product that is linked, I will receive a small commission. As always, all of the opinions included about the product are COMPLETELY genuine – the commission is just a nice bonus.) For more information, read my disclosure statement here.
I don’t know why, but there’s something about these “chain letter” style questionnaires that give me those good nostalgic feelings! I have been seeing quite a few of my blogger friends answering 11 questions (and then tagging 11 (or 12 – thanks, Hal!) bloggers to answer a different set of their questions). So, my friend Hal of Hair by Hal tagged me, and here are his questions with my answers!
1. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure food?
Considering that this is one of my favorite memes, my guilty pleasure food(s) outweigh my adult foods: That being said, ice cream is a big weakness of mine, but not just like normal ice cream, ice cream (or fro yo) with lots of toppings. I honestly give the small children at the self serve fro yo places a run for their money.
2. Where do you get your inspiration from for your blog & instagram?
Everywhere! Fashion inspires me the most, but I love seeing colors and patterns all over and incorporating that into my blog and Instagram.
3. What goals (personally or blog related) do you have for the rest of 2017?
I am very much looking forward to taking my styling business to the next level, especially now that I am no longer teaching. I don’t have specific goals in mind, but I want to keep pushing forward.
4. What is one song you know absolutely every word to?
“Tricky” by Run DMC – SUPER random, I know, especially if you know me, but it was on the “Can’t Hardly Wait” soundtrack, and Patti and I listened to that soundtrack non stop! There are lots of goodies on it, but “Tricky” was/is my JAM!
5. What/where is something that makes you happiest?
Being on the beach with my family makes my heart happy.
6. What is your favorite hair care product?
I am such a beauty product junkie, and I love trying new beauty and hair products. Recently, I’ve been loving Bumble and Bumble Hair primer spray! It’s lightweight, gives heat protection, and I like being able to layer it with other hair products. It’s good stuff.
7. How did you start blogging?
I started my blog shortly after I officially started my styling business. I wanted to have an online presence, and also have a resource for my clients (and potential clients) to gain fashion inspiration from me!
8. Favorite TV show?
Too many to choose from!! Currently – Game of Thrones, Handmaid’s Tale, and Westworld. Breaking Bad and Parks and Recreation are two of my all time favorites that I recommend to anyone looking to binge an entire series. Parks and Rec is the one show that both Tony and I will put on and watch episodes of over and over again, especially when we need a little “pick me up”.
9. What are you tips for time management with a hectic life & the blog?
From March of 2016 to June of 2017, I worked full time, taught private music lessons once a week in addition to that, while trying to launch a new business as a personal stylist. I’m also married, and I have a son.
So, I have a few suggestions:
- Make sure that you take care of yourself. If you’re not sleeping or eating, because you’re trying to get work done, you are going to burn out.
- Be present around the people you love.
- Instead of holding on to negative emotions/energy, use it as motivation to be a better person/blogger/entrepreneur/etc.
- Whenever you can, get ahead of schedule with your content, so when life gets crazy, you don’t have to have the added stress of “what am I going to post about??”.
10. What is the number one place on your bucket list?
I love to travel, and something that Tony and I really love to do together is explore and see new places (as a couple). Growing up, my main stuffed animal that I slept with every night was a koala, so I really think that going to Australia would be incredible.
11. What mantra do you live by?
There have been two mantras/quotes that have stuck with me for 12+ years, and they resonate even more with me now at this stage of my life. In no particular order:
“Life is too short to do the things you don’t want to do.” – Vikki Bell
“Don’t dream it. Be it” – Rocky Horror Picture Show
I hope you had fun finding out a little bit more about me! Hopefully there were some fun facts in here that you didn’t know. What other questions do you have for me??
Also, don’t forget: